Its no secret math is the bane of my existence. It’s safe to say 80% of my Twitter comments are math related complaints. The other 20% are about dog farts.
As far as I’m concerned the only good thing to ever come out of math is the “Math Class is Tough!” Teen Talk Barbie from 1992 that was highly controversial, and in my book highly awesome. I’m still mad at myself for not buying one.
My hate of math is not just limited to school; I am an equal opportunity hater and therefore detest all numbers, not just complex equations. So it was no surprise while at Daisy’s vet appointment on Sunday I found out she is actually a year younger than I thought. See, even simple math escapes me.
Not believing the vet technician she showed me the chart and explained that Daisy’s birth date of 1997 subtracted from 2008 was indeed 11, not 12. I left in complete embarrassment, but of course immediately called and made a doctor appointment for myself this week in hopes of the same.
Thus far, 33 years old is completely overrated, and I’m ready to go back to 32 again.