I’ve given myself adequate time to mourn the election results – now it’s time to get to work. Rather than letting myself remain sad for the next four years, I’ve created my post election plan. Sometimes being slightly Type A is helpful!
My plan started forming while in the shower, so here’s the first draft. Yes, that’s a photo of my shower… it’s often where my best thinking occurs.
After spending a few more days thinking and planning, I now feel like I have the start of a solid plan. OMG it feels good! Here’s my second draft:
Family and Tribe – the most important people in my life deserve more of my attention and I don’t want to lose sight of that
- I’ll show more love and offer more support, even if I don’t always agree with them (Hi Republican family, I love you like crazy and fully accept we will likely never agree on politics and that’s ok. XO)
Community Work – find like-minded people in my own area and donate time within my community
- Joining Utah Women’s Democratic Club (I’m waiting until January, so I only have to pay the fees once. Hush, I’m a freelancer and no longer work full-time)
- Currently a moderator for the Utah Chapter of Pantsuit Nation Facebook group
Cause Work – donate time to organizations I support, and donate money to political campaigns I believe in (focusing on reproductive rights, human rights, and female candidates)
- I signed up as a volunteer for Planned Parenthood and start in March
- I’m currently researching female candidates on a national scale
Educate – read more on feminism and life experiences of minority populations
- My to-read list is overwhelming in the best way possible
- I need to find podcasts that support this goal (current fav thanks to Danielle is CYG)
- I need to compile a must-watch in 2017 documentary list
Create – it’s time to create a little of my own little legacy here
- I’ve got a plan that I’m really excited about, but won’t discuss quite yet
Lots to do, but also I need to remember to laugh. My current giggle is how much the word ‘election’ looks like ‘erection’ in this post.